I don't like to whine, but I'm very confused. I now have to perform a seven minute scene for drama class from memory as my senior project. Three other girls aligned themselves with me.
The problem: They want to do "Mean Girls". The problem is apparent.
I can't, nay I won't, do that. I won't throw myself down a cultural hole far enough to decide on doing something like that. Yet, I also cannot think of a scene that I want to and am capable of performing.
Maybe I should just write one.
Let's say this simply, why is everyone freaking out? The bomber in NYC isn't that dangerous. He seems very inexperienced at actually making a bomb, and it failed for christ sakes. He's not gonna "strike again". Does anyone know how long it takes for a bomb of that size to be made? Please Refer to any literature on the Oklahoma City Bombing. To build a bomb capable of destroying anything takes a long time, and by the time the police catch him he won't have a chance.
Also, did you see what he was capable of? Not much, apparently. It was a bunch of propane tanks with some fireworks attatched, toy clocks, and non-explosive fertilizer.
Don't get freaked out.
BTW, always check used book stores! They are treasure troves.. I've been looking for a Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King) book called Rage. Of course, that's a problem because it has been out of print for ten years because of all the controversy surrounding it. It's a book about a boy who goes on a shooting rampage in his school, so I guess it's understandable after Columbine and all.. Still.. I wanted to read it.. I checked everywhere, and then out of desperation went to an antique store/used bookstore. I wasn't expecting anything, yet it WAS RIGHT THERE! "The Richard Bachman Books, first edition" .. Not only did I get Rage, I got three other Bachman books.. For FIVE DOLLARS!! That's the moral of the story ^__^.
Oh, and I saw the classic "The Warriors" today. In my opinion it's one of the best gang films in existence because it's a pure guilty plleasure. God, I love the famous line too.. "Warriors, come out and play!" It's amazing in the movie.. So eerie.. Perfect..
Also, I'm watching Inkheart right now.. It's very different from the book, but it's good so far.
- Current Mood:Here, there, and nowhere
That's right, I probably should be thinking of my NaNo novel ^_^;; .
- I played Grand Theft Auto 4 and Saints Row 2.... I hate myself for liking them so much.. XD
Since I've been so obsessed with Bethesda games since my long (for me anyway) internet absence, I decided to join Bethesda's official forums.. I like keeping up with news as far as my fandoms are concerned, anyway. It's really cool, actually. I found out that the Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is coming out in November.. Now I'm stoked! I can't wait to get all the DLCs... Even if aliens are a little strange in Fallout.. but.. If Bethesda touched it, I'm sure it will be good.. I also found out there is an Elder Scrolls novel in the works, which takes place a few years after the Oblivion crisis but before Elder Scrolls V... To tell the truth, the plot doesn't sound all that fantastic, but being a nerdy kid I'm going to check it out just to get all the lore I can.. Who knows, it might be good?... Still, I was a little dissapointed that there was no new information on either Fallout: New Vegas or Elder Scrolls V *I'm very impatient*.. Not to mention, reading about some of the things that were left out of Oblivion is a little deppressing XD *would've loved an Elder Council faction.*
On a school note: Being a senior (and subsequently saving all of my horrible classes for this year) I don't really have all that much to be jazzed about.. Yet, AP English is actually really fun.. We've already read our first full-length-novel (A Seperate Peace by John Knowles) and we're close to analyzing it, and then on Friday we're taking our first class trip to Springfield to see a play which sounds like a ton of fun (not to mention I get out of school for a day.)
a few random notes
- I want a Fishy stick welcome.
- I suddenly have the urge to RP Kuroshitsuji
- my brother rented Overlord 2, but I probably won't get to play it.
stolen from matanteiloki
If you get ANYTHING, I will love you forever XD.
[Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.]
1. I see their faces, and I do not understand why.
2. You have eyes that lead me on, and a body that shows me death.
3. I miss Alice *I think that's what she's saying.. If not then it's "Hi, Miss Alice"..* guessed by xhadowkiss "Still Doll" - Kanon Wakeshima
4. You people out there give us more than record sales, you give us something to hate. and we hate you, you brainless mutants.
5. Something takes a part of me. Freak on A leash by Korn.. Guessed by danybel
Aimai san senchi sorya puni tte koto kai? Choh!
7. I know you well, you are a part of me. I know you better than I know myself
8. It's in the water baby. It's in the pills that bring you down.
9. Brain Hemmorage! * note: can't spell*.
10. Remember when I took you to the top of the hill?
11. Of Her hips that held sway over all they surveyed, save a mist on the rise (a deadly blessing to hide.)
12. There was Christ in the meadow-shell, there was blood on the pavement. The camera will make you god, that so Jack begat Satan.
14. Today I am dirty, I want to be pretty. Tommorow I know I'm just dirt.
15. Nuzzle Nuzzle, Mitai ni. *I believe..*
16. The Yule Ball, is fast approaching now.. I don't dance, especially in front of crowds.
19. I face out, I hold out. I reach out to the truth.
21. Creature core, you can't ignore I got 5000 fingers of dead, yeah.
22. You built me up with your wishing hell. I didn't have to sell you.
23. I'm sorry the sky went black.
24. I can't see your star.